Monday, May 27, 2013

Training Summary - Week 4


This last week was a lower training volume week, to allow for some recovery from the previous three weeks. Monday - Friday was nice and easy, and I think I needed the time off. I wasn't feeling that great. The usual summary is below.


On Sunday, the plan called for high altitude riding combined with a couple hours of hiking to get the legs in shape for the inevitable hike-a-bike sections on the CTR. I decided to ride Fall River Road in Rocky Mountain National Park. The road was not yet open to cars which was why I chose it, but I was hoping the park had done some Spring maintenance on it. Unfortunately at about 10,500 feet the road became unpassable without snow shoes. I climbed the road twice to get in the needed time and then hiked for a couple hours on a nearby trail. It was a beautiful day with lots of great scenery. See video below.


No comments:

Post a Comment