Saturday, July 13, 2013

Training Summary - Week 10

Week 10 was a reduce training load week, so we planned a family vacation to San Francisco this week.

We stayed in a hostel at the Marin Headlands which was cool but a little noisy. Mount Tam is close by, and is claimed to be the birthplace of mountain biking. Gary Fisher and crew started mountain biking the area, and of course Gary Fisher started building mountain bikes. Ironically, all the singletrack on Mount Tam is closed to mountain bikes because the wealthier hikers and equestrians had more influence than the dirt bag, stoner mountain bikers.

Sam had her bike, so I rented a bike and we rode up Mount Tam. Mmm, railroad grade, my favorite. The rear brakes on my $75 rental bike didn't work at all, so that at least added some excitement.

So I got a little riding in, and then we did a lot of walking around SF. So I counted that as 4 hours of training.








No comments:

Post a Comment